Monday, August 27, 2007

Confused?

Oddly enough it is kinda refreshing to be back at DBU. Not that it is anymore of a home than Mabank or that the people here are anything like family yet but here I am alone. And when I wake up in the morning it's just me and God. After classes I come back to my room and I am alone again and its just me and God again. I have been able to find plenty of time to seek after God. Even when I am walking in the heat from class to class. yea... lol. I keep praying that I would some how feel a closeness to the Lord or like a growing of sensetivity to the Holy Spirit's dicernment and power. But really I just don't know if that is the right prayer. What I need is some advice from you guys the spiritually mature. What am I supposed to do?

3 comments:

Buddy Holt, PhD said...

You are a victim of a tag...sorry.
Go to my blog for the rules.
www.common-saints.blogspot.com

Cherie said...

"I keep praying that I would some how feel a closeness to the Lord or like a growing of sensetivity to the Holy Spirit's dicernment and power. But really I just don't know if that is the right prayer. What I need is some advice..."

Mel, I am in no way reached any level of spiritual maturity, but I have been trying to seek the Lord for...ok...we'll just say longer than you have been alive...lol.

I know that you are in a very vulnerable place right now in every way. These times of silence happen in each of our lives. Rest in His Word. His promises and what we know of God's character through what we read in the Scripture give us comfort as we learn to just trust Him...even when He seems silent. Part of trusting is not needing the constant reassurence that He is still there...but growing in the knowledge and TRUST, that He IS still there, even when we feel like we are not hearing from Him.

Cherie said...

It's part of the spiritual "growing pains" :( :)