Thursday, February 14, 2008
New Semester!
I have started my second semester and things are crazy.This week I had four tests and I have another one on tuesday. College... so fun.... :) Honestly, I have been having a blast. I have fallen into a group with five other girls and we do almost everything together. It is good to have that kind of security in the mean streets of Dallas. hehe. Actually DBU does sit on the Mountain Creek Lake aka where drug deals go bad and bodies are found. Gross! So school is busy but God is great. Last semester God showed me my need for Him and gave me a thirst for Him that I have never experienced before. He really put my priorities in order. This semester He has been revealing Himself to me. Life has been pretty easy going which is a true blessing because He has placed me with friends who need someone with the capacity to love on them. Currently one friend's mom is dying quickly of breast cancer, one is really struggling over the death of her brother, another's dad is an acoholic. There is more but you get the picture. I have never experienced God's hand so strong in my life and I am so thankful. I hope it never ends but I understand if a storm is coming. I wish I could go into more detail but I have a class soon so I have to go. Oh I am taking Psychology and praying about double majoring in it too. I don't feel called to be a psychologist. I think He may want to equip me in counseling for women's ministry. I have been taught that one of the top reasons ministers leave the ministry is from counseling women and having the temptation leading where it may. There is obviously a need for strong women with the biblical knowledge of a preacher and the compassion of a women to counsel and encourage the other women in the church. But it is still in the hands of God at this point. I hope things are great in Mabank!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awesome! Now see that didn't hurt too bad to blog did it? :) Great to read your updates. It helps us to know how to better pray for you. Keep it up!
We love you Mel!!
God is so good. I remember the first part of last semester and how you were struggling to find where God wanted ya...I'm so glad that you found a fit!
That's my major also...I love to share God's Word and love one on one with other women.
Post a Comment